Frank B "Chain of Fools"
- Words: Cam Curran
The work of new Irish producer Frank B came to us by way of XL star Jamie xx, who dropped one of his tunes in a recent set on the Emerald Isle. Now we're treated to "Chain of Fools," a shape-shifting house number with classic Chicago etchings all over its six-minute frame. Weighted and pristine production values don't hurt, but it's the crafty way in which Frank B introduces each element of the song that really marks this young producer as one to watch. Razor-sharp hi-hats scatter left and right off of propulsive kick drums and a thrusting chord melody, which are put into the service of a diva whose siren call is diced into a myriad of arrangements to create a soulful, hands-in-the-air kind of dancefloor experience. We haven't been able to dig up much information about this mysterious new artist, but you can be sure we'll be keeping our eye out for what comes next from Frank B.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player