Oakland-based musician Rory O'Connor (a.k.a. Nitemoves) began composing his debut solo effort while serving as the touring drummer for recording artists Tycho and Com Truise. His nine-track LP, titled Longlines, was released earlier this week through Moodgadget, and it's a wide-ranging, synth-heavy effort that touches on easy-going pop, experimental cacophony, and various points in between. As one might expect from a record written largely while travelling in the backseat of a touring vehicle, the songs are drenched in introspection and wanderlust, taking cues and inspiration from various locales while harnessing a feeling of isolation. "Challenger," the second cut from the album, is a straightforward bit of nostalgia-inducing pop that stacks layers of synths over manipulated vocal snippets before melting away into the next track on Longlines. After the jump, take a look at the LP's artwork and full tracklisting.
1. Port Au Prism
3. Broken Cub
4. Tertre Rouge
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player