Oakland-based musician Rory O'Connor (a.k.a. Nitemoves) began composing his debut solo effort while serving as the touring drummer for recording artists Tycho and Com Truise. His nine-track LP, titled Longlines, was released earlier this week through Moodgadget, and it's a wide-ranging, synth-heavy effort that touches on easy-going pop, experimental cacophony, and various points in between. As one might expect from a record written largely while travelling in the backseat of a touring vehicle, the songs are drenched in introspection and wanderlust, taking cues and inspiration from various locales while harnessing a feeling of isolation. "Challenger," the second cut from the album, is a straightforward bit of nostalgia-inducing pop that stacks layers of synths over manipulated vocal snippets before melting away into the next track on Longlines. After the jump, take a look at the LP's artwork and full tracklisting.
1. Port Au Prism
3. Broken Cub
4. Tertre Rouge
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player