Alec Carlsson "Doux Velour (Borrowed Identity New Jack City Dub)"
It will be 2016 before Alec Carlsson is finally legally permitted to enter most nightclubs in the United States, but the 17-year-old French producer has already begun turning heads with his house productions. Earlier this week, the wunderkind dropped a four-track EP for Stripped & Chewed, a Chicago-based imprint recently founded by DJ/producer Ghosts Of Venice. The EP is titled Doux Velour, and contains two originals and two remixes. This "New Jack City Dub" from young German producer Borrowed Identity takes the filter house of the EP's title track and blends it with the jacking sounds of old-school Chicago. It won't be on the EP, but an acid-flavored 303 remix by Borrowed Identity will be, as will a rework from German duo Chicago Life. If this tune has piqued your interest, listen to a preview of Doux Velour and spy its artwork, after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player