Face + Heel "Dragging Your Chains"
As Face + Heel, the duo of Luke Taylor and Sinead McMillan creates intricate electronic compositions with an acute focus on songcraft. "Dragging Your Chains" has been streaming for some time, but is now being offered for download, most likely to help drum up excitement for the pair's forthcoming debut on Warm, the No Stars EP. The tune incorporates an assortment of found sounds, empty-bottle percussion, and mournfully detuned synthesizers, all of which provide a lush framework for pitched-down vocals to punctuate their densely constructed aesthetic. The central focus of the track, however, settles on an undulating bassline and its somber piano counterpart, as the two work together to fuse the song's varied elements together in a smooth display of songwriting and sound design. One could fathom comparisons to The xx and other pop-focused electronic projects of recent memory. With that in mind, keep your eyes peeled for No Stars, which drops on May 7, both digitally and on limited-edition 10".
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player