Clu "Evening Ever"
- Words: Taylor Fife
Dublin's Clu (a.k.a. producer Sean Cooley and visual artist Kevin A. Freeney) delivers this bubbling bit of synth play that recalls the beatwork of Shlohmo or post-dubstep vibes of Mount Kimbie, albeit with a more straightforward approach that emphasizes melodies over rhythm. The tune's main focus is on the pitch-bent vocal samples that rise and fall throughout the track, first accompanied only by long synth notes, and later by shimmering chords and UK garage-style drumwork. The song builds slowly, with the first instances of drums and bass not occurring until nearly halfway into the track. By the song's end, however, the sparse intro has given way to a full and complex musical arrangement.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player