Clu "Evening Ever"
- Words: Taylor Fife
Dublin's Clu (a.k.a. producer Sean Cooley and visual artist Kevin A. Freeney) delivers this bubbling bit of synth play that recalls the beatwork of Shlohmo or post-dubstep vibes of Mount Kimbie, albeit with a more straightforward approach that emphasizes melodies over rhythm. The tune's main focus is on the pitch-bent vocal samples that rise and fall throughout the track, first accompanied only by long synth notes, and later by shimmering chords and UK garage-style drumwork. The song builds slowly, with the first instances of drums and bass not occurring until nearly halfway into the track. By the song's end, however, the sparse intro has given way to a full and complex musical arrangement.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player