Night Works "I Tried So Hard (Gold Panda Remix)"
- Words: Taylor Fife
Gabriel Stebbings, formerly of British pop outfit Metronomy, won't unveil his debut as Night Works until later this year, but is already garnering attention around the blogosphere with woozy synth-pop teaser "I Tried So Hard." Despite not yet having an official release, a couple of producers have already tried their hand at remixing the song, and here, we have the version crafted by UK beatmaker Gold Panda (pictured above). The remix is a shimmering bit of beatwork that roughens things up with an aggressive synthline, a more driving drum pattern, and lots of textural pop and hiss. The music video for Stebbings' original version can be found after the jump.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player