How to Dress Well "Ocean Floor for Everything"
It's over halfway into "Ocean Floor for Everything," the first tune to surface from How to Dress Well's forthcoming sophomore LP, Total Loss, before the beat drops. That moment is preceded by a swirl of soft Rhodes melodies and singer/producer Tom Krell's evocative falsetto, all of which sounds decidedly more upfront and hi-fi than the beautifully tattered productions on 2010's Love Remains. But when that smash of a slo-mo hip-hop beat hits, that's the moment when it feels like How to Dress Well officially arrives as the tender troubadour we've been waiting to hear from for years. The loop barely lasts a minute, but could be easily replayed time and time again, at least until Acéphale drops Total Loss this fall.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player