How to Dress Well "Ocean Floor for Everything"
It's over halfway into "Ocean Floor for Everything," the first tune to surface from How to Dress Well's forthcoming sophomore LP, Total Loss, before the beat drops. That moment is preceded by a swirl of soft Rhodes melodies and singer/producer Tom Krell's evocative falsetto, all of which sounds decidedly more upfront and hi-fi than the beautifully tattered productions on 2010's Love Remains. But when that smash of a slo-mo hip-hop beat hits, that's the moment when it feels like How to Dress Well officially arrives as the tender troubadour we've been waiting to hear from for years. The loop barely lasts a minute, but could be easily replayed time and time again, at least until Acéphale drops Total Loss this fall.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player