Matthewdavid "Tape 2"
LA beat maven Matthewdavid continues to showcase his versatility as a leader within his city's electronic-music scene. His latest offering, titled Disk II, is a gorgeous CD-R release, limited to 150 copies, which uses a hand-painted floppy disk (pictured above) as packaging. "Tape 2," the second of nine tracks collected from 2008 to 2012, is a cavernous excursion into the producer's ambient work. Swirling loops, ethereal samples, and the like all send us into an alternate dimension, one kissed by Matthewdavid's signature tape-warped hiss.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player