DMX Krew "Turing Test"
A new, six-track EP is set to drop on Voltaire Records from a certain Ed Upton (of Rephlex fame), once again producing as DMX Krew. Creating spacey, urban dancefloor cuts from his analog-laden studio, Upton crafts a haunting electro jaunt on "Turing Test," a song taken from the aforementioned East Side Boogie EP, which is due out on May 8. Hard-hitting stabs of bass and vintage synthesizers punctuate the stuttering flow of this jam, writhing on several different melodies and resolutions before arriving at a chugging bassline that closes out the gritty proceedings. Accompanied by five other tunes (including a classic-sounding title track and its remix counterpart), "Turing Test" drives on its own wavelength, one distilled from countless hours spent in front of racks and racks of gear. You can check out the cover art for the EP and stream it in its entirety, after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player