Aria Rostami "Black Ring"
- Words: James Eaton
- Label: Tomb of Two Women
Aria Rostami is a young musician/composer/producer from San Francisco who is preparing to release a new EP by the name of Peter as the first offering from his Tomb of Two Women imprint. "Black Ring" closes out that six-track record, and caught our ear due to its compelling sound design, effervescent melodies, and subtly driving rhythms—evoking at times the delicate fantasy of Balam Acab's Wander / Wonder while remaining firmly planted in the realm of preciously austere, finely crafted soundsystem music. You can listen to the rest of Rostami's Peter after the jump.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player