Aria Rostami "Black Ring"
- Words: James Eaton
- Label: Tomb of Two Women
Aria Rostami is a young musician/composer/producer from San Francisco who is preparing to release a new EP by the name of Peter as the first offering from his Tomb of Two Women imprint. "Black Ring" closes out that six-track record, and caught our ear due to its compelling sound design, effervescent melodies, and subtly driving rhythms—evoking at times the delicate fantasy of Balam Acab's Wander / Wonder while remaining firmly planted in the realm of preciously austere, finely crafted soundsystem music. You can listen to the rest of Rostami's Peter after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player