Floyd Campbell "Drifted"
Last week, California-based label Body High—run by Samo Sound Boy and LOL Boys' Jerome Potter—posted a preview of the six tracks included in its newest release. The record arrives today from LA producer Floyd Campbell, whose bio remains more or less a mystery. "Drifted," the title track from the elusive artist's brand-new EP, revels in a rain of stuttering percussion and dollops of gummy synth tones that glide from stereo to mono. The tinny melody and heavily edited vocal samples take a page from LOL Boys' playbook, as Campbell matches tweaked tropical melodies and monosyllabic vocal samples with the sheer intensity of his track's machinegun beat.
- NewsPaul Johnson, Jerome LOL, Untold, The Gaslamp Killer, and More Added to Together 2014
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Aphex Twin, Jamie xx, Todd Terje, and More
- Feature20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- PodcastThe Range
- NewsGerd Readies New 12" for DFTD; Preview It Now
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player