DJ Dizzy "Nomeva"
Galloping funky house is the order of the day on this rambunctious new single from Austrian dance music veteran DJ Dizzy. Offsetting the brash bump of the drums with layers of monochrome chords and candy-coated chimes, "Nomeva" makes a beeline for the front of the crowd and refuses to relent in its quest for shuffling, hands-in-the-air dancefloor energy. Add a pleading vocal refrain and some Dirtybird-style bass movements to the proceedings, and we're treated to a second drop that simply bursts with color as a truly roisterous rhythm anchors the track. Fans of Doc Daneeka's and Julio Bashmore's styles of modern, rough-and-tumble house music should get involved with DJ Dizzy's latest EP (artwork above), which comes complete with remixes from The Clonious and Daniel Klauser, among others, and is out now digitally via Top Billin.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player