DJ Dizzy "Nomeva"
Galloping funky house is the order of the day on this rambunctious new single from Austrian dance music veteran DJ Dizzy. Offsetting the brash bump of the drums with layers of monochrome chords and candy-coated chimes, "Nomeva" makes a beeline for the front of the crowd and refuses to relent in its quest for shuffling, hands-in-the-air dancefloor energy. Add a pleading vocal refrain and some Dirtybird-style bass movements to the proceedings, and we're treated to a second drop that simply bursts with color as a truly roisterous rhythm anchors the track. Fans of Doc Daneeka's and Julio Bashmore's styles of modern, rough-and-tumble house music should get involved with DJ Dizzy's latest EP (artwork above), which comes complete with remixes from The Clonious and Daniel Klauser, among others, and is out now digitally via Top Billin.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player