H-Sik "oOo rD Eye"
Fledgling Amsterdam-based producer and recent Error Broadcast signee H-Sik's influences are eclectic; genres ranging from instrumental hip-hop, juke/footwork, and glitch, among others, are present throughout his music. On paper, "oOo rD eye" may seem a bit ambitious, but on wax, it is a well-executed journey through a number of different electronic music scenes, as the producer born Hervé Sika warps synth chords and quick arpeggios over fast moving rhythms touched in equal parts by elements of Chicago juke and his African background (he hails from the Ivory Coast). Be on the lookout for the rest of H-Sik's genre-bending EP, Cocody, which will be released on July 2.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player