Teeth "Percolator Meme"
Teeth (a.k.a. Matti Pentikäinen), the newest addition to Sound Pellegrino's stable, didn't get his start in music by creating the kinds of skittering rhythms featured on his upcoming EP, Meme is the New Riddim. As a member of the Finnish hip-hop crew Ceebrolistics for more than a decade, Teeth earned his stripes by crafting smooth, laidback beats throughout much of the late '90s and early 2000s, but his interests gradually shifted into the realm of club music. Last year, it led him to create his most well-known track, the slick and seductive "Shawty" (our 18th favorite tune from 2011), as well as drop some solid EPs, start his own label, and remix the likes of Renaissance Man and Bambounou. Featured here, "Percolator Meme" is one of Teeth's latest productions, a largely minimalistic and percussion-driven track that winds its way through a number of different rhythms while male and female vocal samples call and respond to one another over intermittent synth squelches. You can pick up the five-track record, which also features a remix of "Percolator Meme" by Lazer Sword, on June 18.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player