Marley Carroll "R&S"
- Words: Taylor Fife
On "R&S," Asheville, NC producer Marley Carroll channels the muted and subtlely emotive dubstep of days gone by with a cut that's heavy on the bass but light on bombast. In vintage bass music fashion, this just-under-140-bpm tune provides almost no melodies in the high- and mid-range, instead focusing on sharp percussion and a heap of breathing sub-bass tones. Short vocal snippets and a simple synthline pepper the tune, but the song's allure isn't so much in the notes as in the spaces between them. "R&S" was released yesterday a part of the R&S/Cedars EP, which can be downloaded for the price of your choosing over on Carroll's Bandcamp.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player