Marley Carroll "R&S"
- Words: Taylor Fife
On "R&S," Asheville, NC producer Marley Carroll channels the muted and subtlely emotive dubstep of days gone by with a cut that's heavy on the bass but light on bombast. In vintage bass music fashion, this just-under-140-bpm tune provides almost no melodies in the high- and mid-range, instead focusing on sharp percussion and a heap of breathing sub-bass tones. Short vocal snippets and a simple synthline pepper the tune, but the song's allure isn't so much in the notes as in the spaces between them. "R&S" was released yesterday a part of the R&S/Cedars EP, which can be downloaded for the price of your choosing over on Carroll's Bandcamp.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Juan Ramos "The Mariner"
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player