Hauschka "Radar (Michael Mayer Remix)"
Last year saw the release of the well-received album Salon des Amateurs by Düsseldorf-based pianist Hauschka (pictured above), on which the composer created house music using live instruments, primarily a piano prepared with all manner of household items (paper clips, ping pong balls, straps of leather, etc.). While the album is intriguing and innovative, it hasn't inspired much DJ support, as it lacks the ordinary components of club-ready house tunes (e.g. mix-friendly, percussion-based intros). Two new remix EPs from UK label FatCat may change that, however, as Michael Mayer, Ricardo Villalobos & Max Loderbauer, Steve Bicknell, and Vainqueur all take a crack at making the tunes more palatable for DJs. Here, we have a remix of "Radar" from Kompakt co-founder Michael Mayer, who doubles the track's length, strips the brass section from the song, and injects a deep and hypnotic bassline. The first remix EP for Salon des Amateurs is out now on vinyl, while the second EP is set to come out next week. Neither record will see a digital release until next month, but for now, you can check out the artwork and tracklist for each EP after the jump.
1. Cube (Ricardo Villalobos & Max Loderbauer Remix
2. Radar (Michael Mayer Remix)
1. Tanzbein (Steve Bicknell - Lost Mix)
2. Ping (Vainqueur Remix)
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player