Hauschka "Radar (Michael Mayer Remix)"
Last year saw the release of the well-received album Salon des Amateurs by Düsseldorf-based pianist Hauschka (pictured above), on which the composer created house music using live instruments, primarily a piano prepared with all manner of household items (paper clips, ping pong balls, straps of leather, etc.). While the album is intriguing and innovative, it hasn't inspired much DJ support, as it lacks the ordinary components of club-ready house tunes (e.g. mix-friendly, percussion-based intros). Two new remix EPs from UK label FatCat may change that, however, as Michael Mayer, Ricardo Villalobos & Max Loderbauer, Steve Bicknell, and Vainqueur all take a crack at making the tunes more palatable for DJs. Here, we have a remix of "Radar" from Kompakt co-founder Michael Mayer, who doubles the track's length, strips the brass section from the song, and injects a deep and hypnotic bassline. The first remix EP for Salon des Amateurs is out now on vinyl, while the second EP is set to come out next week. Neither record will see a digital release until next month, but for now, you can check out the artwork and tracklist for each EP after the jump.
1. Cube (Ricardo Villalobos & Max Loderbauer Remix
2. Radar (Michael Mayer Remix)
1. Tanzbein (Steve Bicknell - Lost Mix)
2. Ping (Vainqueur Remix)
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player