Polysick "Totem (FaltyDL Remix)"
- Words: Taylor Fife
"Totem" is the lead-off track from Digital Native, the debut LP by synth-loving Italian Polysick (pictured above), and is, incidentally, one of the record's stand-out cuts. While the original tune and the full-length on which it resides seem directed at those with an inclination for noodling modular synthlines, this remix from NYC bass practictioner FaltyDL (a.k.a. Drew Lustman) is a production of an entirely different variety. Lustman retains the tune's clattering percussion and rattling maracas, but strips away most of the song's melodic and tonal components. To compensate, he injects a heavy dose of bass and emphasizes a vocal hook that offers to "tell you something." The remix is sparse, percussive, and fairly unusual, but is also sure to perk up the ears of those who already count themselves as fans of FaltyDL's bass-centric creations.
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsCheck Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player