Polysick "Totem (FaltyDL Remix)"
- Words: Taylor Fife
"Totem" is the lead-off track from Digital Native, the debut LP by synth-loving Italian Polysick (pictured above), and is, incidentally, one of the record's stand-out cuts. While the original tune and the full-length on which it resides seem directed at those with an inclination for noodling modular synthlines, this remix from NYC bass practictioner FaltyDL (a.k.a. Drew Lustman) is a production of an entirely different variety. Lustman retains the tune's clattering percussion and rattling maracas, but strips away most of the song's melodic and tonal components. To compensate, he injects a heavy dose of bass and emphasizes a vocal hook that offers to "tell you something." The remix is sparse, percussive, and fairly unusual, but is also sure to perk up the ears of those who already count themselves as fans of FaltyDL's bass-centric creations.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player