Dimlite "Into Vogon Skulls"
The fledgling Ripl label recently made its debut by putting out Abcission, the new Dimlite (a.k.a. Dimitri Grimm) record, as its first release. The release is a collection of psychedelic outtakes and b-sides from Dimlite's 2011 offering Grimm Reality, which was notably released without any mastering on any of its nine cuts, making for a listen that was as organic as it was slightly rough around the edges. In the cryptically titled "Into Vogon Skulls," the Swiss tunesmith opens with a melody akin to what cranking the handle on an otherworldly jack-in-the-box might sound like, and before long, he morphs the wonky melody into full-on psychedelia, pairing it with stomping, mercilessly pounded drums and squelches of synth noise. After checking out this free download, you can stream the rest of Dimlite's Abcission after the jump.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player