Dimlite "Into Vogon Skulls"
The fledgling Ripl label recently made its debut by putting out Abcission, the new Dimlite (a.k.a. Dimitri Grimm) record, as its first release. The release is a collection of psychedelic outtakes and b-sides from Dimlite's 2011 offering Grimm Reality, which was notably released without any mastering on any of its nine cuts, making for a listen that was as organic as it was slightly rough around the edges. In the cryptically titled "Into Vogon Skulls," the Swiss tunesmith opens with a melody akin to what cranking the handle on an otherworldly jack-in-the-box might sound like, and before long, he morphs the wonky melody into full-on psychedelia, pairing it with stomping, mercilessly pounded drums and squelches of synth noise. After checking out this free download, you can stream the rest of Dimlite's Abcission after the jump.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player