My Nu Leng "Waltaknocks"
Bristol's Jammo and London's Tommy comprise emerging production duo My Nu Leng, which is set to drop its third effort, a three-song EP to be released through South London imprint LNUK. "Waltaknocks" is the b-side on that record, the Damp EP (artwork above), which will also contain the title track and remix from Last Japan. "Waltaknocks" is a heavy tune with a toe in both bass and techno realms, sitting at 132 BPM and delivering full-throated low-end with a steady, forceful drum track. Boasting a dark and moody vibe, the tune displays My Nu Leng's proficiency with producing atmospheric bass music. After the jump, you can preview the EP's tunes before they come out on July 9.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player