Ursa Major "Whitecaps"
According to Trouble & Bass' website, this week's release from Nottingham duo Ursa Major is "one of [the label's] moodiest releases to date," but "in the best way." "Whitecaps," the a-side of Ursa Major's new record for the New York label, takes a melodic approach to UK garage with moments of jazzy chords collapsing into rattling percussion and robust low end. The track eventually sinks into a grime wobble, balancing the pleasant synth stabs and glittering tones with gritty intensity.
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- PodcastFrankie Knuckles
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Robert Hood, Tycho, Jacques Greene, and More
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player