Lawrence Grey "A"
LA's Lawrence Grey, a new face in the world of electronic music, will be making his formal debut on July 31 with the release of Claustrophilia, an EP which was written and composed during the summer following Grey's graduation from NYU, where he studied music composition. The results of that summer's work are far different from the first encounter most may have had with him through his jittery single "Peaches for the Baby," which was included on Proximal's 2010 Proximity One: Narrative of a City compilation. Here, Grey takes on a versatile, techno-oriented approach, opening his production with bleeps and bloops that eventually fall into place as a stomping, propulsive beat kicks in, creating a track that is equally at home on both headphones and booming club speakers.
- NewsWatch the Geometric Video for Sculpture's "Hackle Scam Populator"
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsWatch the Wild New Video for "Tsekeleke," Nozinja's First Shangaan Electro Outing for Warp
- MP3T_A_M "Tail Snap (Murlo Remix)"
- FeatureHi, Doctor Nick! - The Secret to Finishing an Album (or Any Big Project) When It's Almost Done
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player