Lawrence Grey "A"
LA's Lawrence Grey, a new face in the world of electronic music, will be making his formal debut on July 31 with the release of Claustrophilia, an EP which was written and composed during the summer following Grey's graduation from NYU, where he studied music composition. The results of that summer's work are far different from the first encounter most may have had with him through his jittery single "Peaches for the Baby," which was included on Proximal's 2010 Proximity One: Narrative of a City compilation. Here, Grey takes on a versatile, techno-oriented approach, opening his production with bleeps and bloops that eventually fall into place as a stomping, propulsive beat kicks in, creating a track that is equally at home on both headphones and booming club speakers.
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Jon Hopkins
- NewsRound Preps Debut Solo 12" for Hivern Discs, Streams Lead Track
- NewsHear a Track from Max Cooper's Upcoming 'Kindred' EP
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsDownload New Mixes from Graze and Om Unit
XLR8R Downloads Player