Lawrence Grey "A"
LA's Lawrence Grey, a new face in the world of electronic music, will be making his formal debut on July 31 with the release of Claustrophilia, an EP which was written and composed during the summer following Grey's graduation from NYU, where he studied music composition. The results of that summer's work are far different from the first encounter most may have had with him through his jittery single "Peaches for the Baby," which was included on Proximal's 2010 Proximity One: Narrative of a City compilation. Here, Grey takes on a versatile, techno-oriented approach, opening his production with bleeps and bloops that eventually fall into place as a stomping, propulsive beat kicks in, creating a track that is equally at home on both headphones and booming club speakers.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player