Lawrence Black "All Day"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
With only four releases under its belt, the newly-minted Amadeus imprint has already dove into the deep end of carefully rendered atmospherics and smooth house sounds. A prime example would be Lawrence Black's sultry remix of "Glass Plates" for labelmate Tomas Rubeck, which emerged back in March. Now, Black is back with a sound more suited for the light of day than late-night dancefloors in the form of "All Day." Arriving with hints that he has an upcoming EP on its way via Amadeus, the producer's latest tune scales back to near-silence before building back up into a full-body, disco-flecked groove as if resurfacing from underwater.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHear the Lead Track from Midland's Upcoming EP for Aus
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player