Lawrence Black "All Day"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
With only four releases under its belt, the newly-minted Amadeus imprint has already dove into the deep end of carefully rendered atmospherics and smooth house sounds. A prime example would be Lawrence Black's sultry remix of "Glass Plates" for labelmate Tomas Rubeck, which emerged back in March. Now, Black is back with a sound more suited for the light of day than late-night dancefloors in the form of "All Day." Arriving with hints that he has an upcoming EP on its way via Amadeus, the producer's latest tune scales back to near-silence before building back up into a full-body, disco-flecked groove as if resurfacing from underwater.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player