Hand Plant "Arpy"
Disco Bloodbath, a monthly party known across London for its blend of disco, house, and techno, now has its own label, which released its inaugural record, Damon Martin's housey "That Ain't Right" single, earlier this month. Now, the label's gearing up to drop the second record in its catalog, the Gone Ghost EP by the duo of Ben Pistor (one of the owners of Disco Bloodbath) and Sam Watts (a.k.a. Maxxi Soundsystem), who together form Hand Plant. Though the record won't be out until August 8 on vinyl (fans who want the digital format will have to wait until August 21), you can whet your appetite by checking out one of the EP's tunes. "Arpy" features none of the arpeggio-laden stylings its name might lead you to expect; instead, Hand Plant greets listeners with a stomping 4/4 beat and some downright sinister synth stabs.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player