Hand Plant "Arpy"
Disco Bloodbath, a monthly party known across London for its blend of disco, house, and techno, now has its own label, which released its inaugural record, Damon Martin's housey "That Ain't Right" single, earlier this month. Now, the label's gearing up to drop the second record in its catalog, the Gone Ghost EP by the duo of Ben Pistor (one of the owners of Disco Bloodbath) and Sam Watts (a.k.a. Maxxi Soundsystem), who together form Hand Plant. Though the record won't be out until August 8 on vinyl (fans who want the digital format will have to wait until August 21), you can whet your appetite by checking out one of the EP's tunes. "Arpy" features none of the arpeggio-laden stylings its name might lead you to expect; instead, Hand Plant greets listeners with a stomping 4/4 beat and some downright sinister synth stabs.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player