David Douglas "California Poppy (Solar Bears Remix)"
We've certainly taken a liking to Utrecht producer David Douglas this year, and so we're excited to share a rework of his song "California Poppy" by Irish duo Solar Bears (a.k.a. John Kowalski and Rian Trench). The remix finds the twosome rearranging and slightly altering the many layers that comprise Douglas' rich atmospherics to create a busier and buzzier sound. Solar Bears give the original song's smooth synths a grating edge and churning low end, which makes the overall mix murkier, but doesn't drown out the crisp bassline. Although there is no official release date for Solar Bear's upcoming LP, the duo has confirmed that its "California Poppy" rework will be featured on a remix EP scheduled for a September release via Atomnation, the same label that released Douglas's debut album, Royal Horticultural Society.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player