Tifa "Champion Bubbler (prod. by Dre Skull)"
Dancehall music's stateside spread isn't anything new, but producers such as Brooklyn's Dre Skull have been consistently keeping it fresh by crafting simple (yet extremely potent) riddims. When we last checked in on him, he'd released his XLR8R Pick'd Loudspeaker Riddim EP, a record that assembled a solid list of dancehall stalwarts and upstarts such as Natalie Storm, Machel Montano, Beenie Man, and Popcaan to contribute different vocal versions of the same infectiously bouncy beat. Now, Dre Skull's back with his next (and just released) installment in the Riddim series, Kling Klang, and he's giving out "Champion Bubbler," dancehall diva Tifa's contribution to the record, as a free sample. The name Kling Klang, which is a tribute to Kraftwerk's legendary studio, is an apt one. In just one track, Dre Skull offers a number of nods to electronic music, layering the pulsing dancehall beat with laser effects and video game sounds. Tifa is no slouch, either; her energetic Patois provides enough fire to light up just about any dancefloor.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player