Tifa "Champion Bubbler (prod. by Dre Skull)"
Dancehall music's stateside spread isn't anything new, but producers such as Brooklyn's Dre Skull have been consistently keeping it fresh by crafting simple (yet extremely potent) riddims. When we last checked in on him, he'd released his XLR8R Pick'd Loudspeaker Riddim EP, a record that assembled a solid list of dancehall stalwarts and upstarts such as Natalie Storm, Machel Montano, Beenie Man, and Popcaan to contribute different vocal versions of the same infectiously bouncy beat. Now, Dre Skull's back with his next (and just released) installment in the Riddim series, Kling Klang, and he's giving out "Champion Bubbler," dancehall diva Tifa's contribution to the record, as a free sample. The name Kling Klang, which is a tribute to Kraftwerk's legendary studio, is an apt one. In just one track, Dre Skull offers a number of nods to electronic music, layering the pulsing dancehall beat with laser effects and video game sounds. Tifa is no slouch, either; her energetic Patois provides enough fire to light up just about any dancefloor.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player