Screamin' Rachael "Extacy"
There's a reason that Trax is popularly known as "the Motown of House." Founded in 1985, the label helped to propel house music from a Chicago-based phenomenon into a national—and eventually worldwide—craze. Trax's storied, 25-year history includes a pantheon of artists that includes Frankie Knuckles, Virgo, and the "Queen of House" herself, Screamin' Rachael, who is now the label's president. And now, after celebrating its longevity last year with a 25th anniversary compilation (which also included a documentary called The House That Trax Built, the trailer for which you can view here), Trax is set to release a summer compilation aptly titled Summertrax. Featured here, Screamin' Rachael's "Extasy" is the record's opener (following a short intro by curator Jorge Cruz), and sets things up in classic '80s mode, opening with a pulsing backbeat and Rachael's sultry spoken vocals before switching into high gear with a simple-yet-infectious bassline. You can nab this joint, along with the rest of the compilation exclusively on Juno, or you can wait until its worldwide release on July 30.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player