Doshy's music is as brash as his website (epileptics click at your own risk)—flashy and unafraid to get all up in your face, it makes absolutely no attempts to be subtle. "Plastic" is a sample of the recklessly bassy sounds to be found on the Berlin-based beatsmith's forthcoming EP, Electrophilic, which is due out on July 19 via Rotterdam's Lowriders Collective. Doshy shows zero signs of restraint on this track, as he attacks a bouncy Southern beat with grimy, dubstep-ish squalls of noise and piles on huge helpings of low end. You can hear plenty more of the same by streaming the rest of the Electrophilic EP after the jump.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player