J. Alvarez "Roller Derby"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
The Seattle-based producer also known as 214, has resurfaced as J. Alvarez, the brain behind the latest release from Hypercolour imprint HypeLTD. As 214, the producer has worked with labels like Frustrated Funk and Fortified Audio, but the four-track Overseas Highway EP (artwork above) is his first release under the new moniker. After dropping that record just yesterday, J. Alvarez gives us "Roller Derby," a bonus cut that finds him treading into guttural and claustrophobic techno and boasting an ominous vibe throughout the stomping production.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player