J. Alvarez "Roller Derby"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
The Seattle-based producer also known as 214, has resurfaced as J. Alvarez, the brain behind the latest release from Hypercolour imprint HypeLTD. As 214, the producer has worked with labels like Frustrated Funk and Fortified Audio, but the four-track Overseas Highway EP (artwork above) is his first release under the new moniker. After dropping that record just yesterday, J. Alvarez gives us "Roller Derby," a bonus cut that finds him treading into guttural and claustrophobic techno and boasting an ominous vibe throughout the stomping production.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player