Gulls "Running Times"
The founder of Portland-based label Boomarm Nation, Jesse Munro Johnson, has just released the Running Times EP under his alias Gulls. Prior to that (last month, to be exact), we brought you the zappy "SOID," and today we have the record's title track. "Running Times" prominently features a sassy bassline that bubbles up from an abyss of ambient mist and metastasizes into a bouncing rhythm accompanied by a waggling, horn-like synth melody. So far, Gulls' EP is only available as a limited-edition vinyl record or even-more-limited cassette tape, but you can stream it now over on Boomarm Nation's Bandcamp ahead of the record's digital release on July 31.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player