Gulls "Running Times"
The founder of Portland-based label Boomarm Nation, Jesse Munro Johnson, has just released the Running Times EP under his alias Gulls. Prior to that (last month, to be exact), we brought you the zappy "SOID," and today we have the record's title track. "Running Times" prominently features a sassy bassline that bubbles up from an abyss of ambient mist and metastasizes into a bouncing rhythm accompanied by a waggling, horn-like synth melody. So far, Gulls' EP is only available as a limited-edition vinyl record or even-more-limited cassette tape, but you can stream it now over on Boomarm Nation's Bandcamp ahead of the record's digital release on July 31.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player