Gulls "Running Times"
The founder of Portland-based label Boomarm Nation, Jesse Munro Johnson, has just released the Running Times EP under his alias Gulls. Prior to that (last month, to be exact), we brought you the zappy "SOID," and today we have the record's title track. "Running Times" prominently features a sassy bassline that bubbles up from an abyss of ambient mist and metastasizes into a bouncing rhythm accompanied by a waggling, horn-like synth melody. So far, Gulls' EP is only available as a limited-edition vinyl record or even-more-limited cassette tape, but you can stream it now over on Boomarm Nation's Bandcamp ahead of the record's digital release on July 31.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player