Owen Howells "The Seen"
The latest effort by Brixton resident and Shades of Grey collective member Owen Howells won't see a release until August 20, but he has already offered up his original mix of "The Seen." The title track is the sole original production on Howell's upcoming record, which includes two remixes of the single by Dexter Kane and Rico Casazza. Clocking in at just over eight minutes in length, "The Seen" takes its time to build up: A full two minutes pass before a rumble of stormy bass enters the mix, and even at its peak, the song remains cooly indifferent, quiet, and altogether collected.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player