Walter Ego "Sidney St. (Deeper)"
The London-based label Senseless dropped its latest "technicolour selection of bass music from around the world" in the form of Synesthesia #3: Tactioception on July 9, a week ahead of its scheduled street date July 16. Since then, the label has let one of the tracks go for free, a jagged grime instrumental from UK producer and Bad Taste label boss Walter Ego. Although the opening moments of "Sidney St. (Deeper)" channel escalating paranoia, Ego's song, which takes its name from the street where the now-defunct Niche nightclub once stood, quickly folds into a dancefloor-friendly, body-wagging rhythm which boasts more unrestrained energy than tense fright. You can preview the rest of Synesthesia #3: Tactioception, after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player