Steve Huerta "Take Me Closer (Urulu's Too Close Mix)"
Los Angeles producer Steve Huerta's Take Me Closer EP will be coming out on July 31 via Amadeus, and includes a remix of the title track by another SoCal producer, Urulu (pictured above). The tunesmith offers an ethereal version of the song, with layers of synths that drone on and build for measures. The tweaked, reverb-drenched lyric "closer baby" loops throughout, and is complemented by widescreen instrumentals that shape the song and imbue its catchy rhythm, a groove which is commandeered by the steady claps and drum patterns and topped off with a moody piano stab that stands out amidst Urulu's production.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- FeaturePachanga, Pantha du Prince, and a Japanese Drone Dance: 10 Reasons We Loved MUTEK.MX 2014
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
XLR8R Downloads Player