Fedbymachines "A Thousand Streets"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
"Music discovery service" 22Tracks, based in Amsterdam, Brussels, and London, is set to release its first compilation this week, and has offered up a taste of what's in store. The sample comes in the form of "A Thousand Streets" by Dutch producer Fedbymachines (a.k.a. Peter Mohnen), whose blooming beat work transforms an arhythmic, limping drum pattern into a stuttering two-step. Pools of synth sounds arise from the waves of lapping water and white noise at the beginning of the tune, which eventually settles into a lull of reverb-doused psychedelia. "A Thousand Streets" will be released alongside 21 other tunes helmed by Dutch artists on July 27.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player