Fedbymachines "A Thousand Streets"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
"Music discovery service" 22Tracks, based in Amsterdam, Brussels, and London, is set to release its first compilation this week, and has offered up a taste of what's in store. The sample comes in the form of "A Thousand Streets" by Dutch producer Fedbymachines (a.k.a. Peter Mohnen), whose blooming beat work transforms an arhythmic, limping drum pattern into a stuttering two-step. Pools of synth sounds arise from the waves of lapping water and white noise at the beginning of the tune, which eventually settles into a lull of reverb-doused psychedelia. "A Thousand Streets" will be released alongside 21 other tunes helmed by Dutch artists on July 27.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player