- Words: Patric Fallon
Released today, Outliers, Vol. 1: Iceland is a 19-track compilation/soundtrack which accompanies a collaborative film based on the countryside of Iceland and its inhabitants. The film was created by Chicago collective Scenic, but its musical counterpart involves a wide array of producers, including Shigeto, Asura, Eskmo, Sweatson Klank, and, featured here, LA-based artist Deru. "Titles" is one of six contributions that the producer born Benjamin Wynn composed for Outliers' soundtrack, and exhibits a crunchy and tense kind of melodic electronic music that one could imagine pairing ideally with black-and-white footage of Iceland's gorgeous landscape. And if you happen to be in the Chicago area tomorrow evening and would like to check out the premiere of this multimedia, audio/visual project, you can check out details for the event and grab tickets here.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player