- Words: Patric Fallon
Released today, Outliers, Vol. 1: Iceland is a 19-track compilation/soundtrack which accompanies a collaborative film based on the countryside of Iceland and its inhabitants. The film was created by Chicago collective Scenic, but its musical counterpart involves a wide array of producers, including Shigeto, Asura, Eskmo, Sweatson Klank, and, featured here, LA-based artist Deru. "Titles" is one of six contributions that the producer born Benjamin Wynn composed for Outliers' soundtrack, and exhibits a crunchy and tense kind of melodic electronic music that one could imagine pairing ideally with black-and-white footage of Iceland's gorgeous landscape. And if you happen to be in the Chicago area tomorrow evening and would like to check out the premiere of this multimedia, audio/visual project, you can check out details for the event and grab tickets here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player