Blackwax "Trapped Dub"
Giving away music before an event is nothing new, but London club night/label Liminal Sounds does it a little differently. It's the only club night we know of that gives away EPs featuring tracks by performers slated to perform at the party (sometimes with remixes, too), and for the fifth and lastest release in this series, Liminal has tapped Edinburgh duo Blackwax (a.k.a. Luke Dubuis and Ross Addy). Enter "Trapped Dub," which defies the claustrophobic connotations its name might give off, as the Scottish duo crafts a sparse, dubstep-leaning track that resonates with immense bass frequencies. This digital EP also marks a milestone in Liminal's history; this Friday, the club night will be celebrating its first anniversary. The birthday bash is scheduled to take place at London's Rhythm Factory this Friday, and will feature Bubblin' Up DJ/producer Visionist, Logos, Elsewhere (who drops a remix on the b-side of this offering), Blackwax, and others. You can check out the Facebook event page for more info on Liminal's auspicous club night.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player