Blackwax "Trapped Dub"
Giving away music before an event is nothing new, but London club night/label Liminal Sounds does it a little differently. It's the only club night we know of that gives away EPs featuring tracks by performers slated to perform at the party (sometimes with remixes, too), and for the fifth and lastest release in this series, Liminal has tapped Edinburgh duo Blackwax (a.k.a. Luke Dubuis and Ross Addy). Enter "Trapped Dub," which defies the claustrophobic connotations its name might give off, as the Scottish duo crafts a sparse, dubstep-leaning track that resonates with immense bass frequencies. This digital EP also marks a milestone in Liminal's history; this Friday, the club night will be celebrating its first anniversary. The birthday bash is scheduled to take place at London's Rhythm Factory this Friday, and will feature Bubblin' Up DJ/producer Visionist, Logos, Elsewhere (who drops a remix on the b-side of this offering), Blackwax, and others. You can check out the Facebook event page for more info on Liminal's auspicous club night.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player