Martin Eden "Worker"
Matthew Cooper of Eluvium is reintroducing himself to the world as Martin Eden on his latest release with Lefse, a 7" arriving as part of the label's ongoing series. Cooper has described this new project as music "which may appeal to fans of early Aphex Twin stuff, or turn of the century electronic music." The track, "Worker," is a minimal, ambient song characterized by its layers of swelling synths, obscure vocal samples, emotive guitar strums, and a steady drum pattern. It all opens with just the synths, as the rest of the elements are slowly but surely introduced to the soundscape, eventually leaving you right back where you started, with just the synths.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player