Martin Eden "Worker"
Matthew Cooper of Eluvium is reintroducing himself to the world as Martin Eden on his latest release with Lefse, a 7" arriving as part of the label's ongoing series. Cooper has described this new project as music "which may appeal to fans of early Aphex Twin stuff, or turn of the century electronic music." The track, "Worker," is a minimal, ambient song characterized by its layers of swelling synths, obscure vocal samples, emotive guitar strums, and a steady drum pattern. It all opens with just the synths, as the rest of the elements are slowly but surely introduced to the soundscape, eventually leaving you right back where you started, with just the synths.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player