Mite & Ewalk "YKK (Denim Smile)"
- Words: Christian Santana
Atlantans Mite (pictured above) and Ewalk made blips on the bass-music world's radar when they released their collaborative digital Body Tap EP via B.YRSLF Division back in May. The partnership between the label head (Mite is co-founder of Embassy Recordings) and the relative newcomer (Body Tap was Ewalk's first ever release) proved to be fruitful, as the two beatsmiths have collaborated once again to put together "YKK (Denim Smile)." On this track, the duo follows a similar formula to what had made Body Tap such a fun listen: They douse their low end-heavy 808 rhythms—undoubtedly influenced by their ATL upbringings—with huge helpings of amped-up vocal samples and glossy synth tones.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsStream Another New Track from Four Tet's Upcoming Percussions 12"s
- Feature20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- NewsMatthewdavid Announces New LP for Brainfeeder, Shares Title Track
- NewsWatch a Tripped-Out Video from Thug Entrancer
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player