Mite & Ewalk "YKK (Denim Smile)"
- Words: Christian Santana
Atlantans Mite (pictured above) and Ewalk made blips on the bass-music world's radar when they released their collaborative digital Body Tap EP via B.YRSLF Division back in May. The partnership between the label head (Mite is co-founder of Embassy Recordings) and the relative newcomer (Body Tap was Ewalk's first ever release) proved to be fruitful, as the two beatsmiths have collaborated once again to put together "YKK (Denim Smile)." On this track, the duo follows a similar formula to what had made Body Tap such a fun listen: They douse their low end-heavy 808 rhythms—undoubtedly influenced by their ATL upbringings—with huge helpings of amped-up vocal samples and glossy synth tones.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player