Lawrence Grey "A"
LA's Lawrence Grey, a new face in the world of electronic music, will be making his formal debut on July 31 with the release of Claustrophilia, an EP which was written and composed during the summer following Grey's graduation from NYU, where he studied music composition. The results of that summer's work are far different from the first encounter most may have had with him through his jittery single "Peaches for the Baby," which was included on Proximal's 2010 Proximity One: Narrative of a City compilation. Here, Grey takes on a versatile, techno-oriented approach, opening his production with bleeps and bloops that eventually fall into place as a stomping, propulsive beat kicks in, creating a track that is equally at home on both headphones and booming club speakers.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player