Dam Mantle "Canterbury Pt. 1"
Glasgow's Dam Mantle (a.k.a. Tom Marshallsay) has announced the October 16 arrival of his new album, Brothers Fowl(pictured above), via Gold Panda's Notown label. In anticipation of that day, the beatmaker has unleashed "Canterbury Pt. 1," a rising and spiraling cut that serves as the LP's lead single. Its unstoppable ebullience bears some resemblance to the work of fellow Glasgow producer Rustie, but the track eventually settles into a more jazz-influenced groove in which gliding instrumentation collides with the more staccato elements—like flickering synths—of Dam Mantle's production. The producer has also offered up the single's b-side, "Full Moon and Moth," which can be downloaded for free, here.
- NewsPaul Johnson, Jerome LOL, Untold, The Gaslamp Killer, and More Added to Together 2014
- Feature20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- PodcastThe Range
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Aphex Twin, Jamie xx, Todd Terje, and More
- MP3Steve Murphy "Relax (Route 8's Relaxed Remix)"
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player