Dam Mantle "Canterbury Pt. 1"
Glasgow's Dam Mantle (a.k.a. Tom Marshallsay) has announced the October 16 arrival of his new album, Brothers Fowl(pictured above), via Gold Panda's Notown label. In anticipation of that day, the beatmaker has unleashed "Canterbury Pt. 1," a rising and spiraling cut that serves as the LP's lead single. Its unstoppable ebullience bears some resemblance to the work of fellow Glasgow producer Rustie, but the track eventually settles into a more jazz-influenced groove in which gliding instrumentation collides with the more staccato elements—like flickering synths—of Dam Mantle's production. The producer has also offered up the single's b-side, "Full Moon and Moth," which can be downloaded for free, here.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player