Dam Mantle "Canterbury Pt. 1"
Glasgow's Dam Mantle (a.k.a. Tom Marshallsay) has announced the October 16 arrival of his new album, Brothers Fowl(pictured above), via Gold Panda's Notown label. In anticipation of that day, the beatmaker has unleashed "Canterbury Pt. 1," a rising and spiraling cut that serves as the LP's lead single. Its unstoppable ebullience bears some resemblance to the work of fellow Glasgow producer Rustie, but the track eventually settles into a more jazz-influenced groove in which gliding instrumentation collides with the more staccato elements—like flickering synths—of Dam Mantle's production. The producer has also offered up the single's b-side, "Full Moon and Moth," which can be downloaded for free, here.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player