Breton "The Commission (Lapalux's Aquatic Centre Remix)"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
Brainfeeder artist and Essex resident Lapalux (pictured above) just handed over his remix treatment of "The Commission," a tune by the UK's Breton. Lapalux's "Aquatic Centre" rework will be featured on Breton's upcoming remix collection, and lives up to its name with a wavy production that sounds like the soundtrack to a journey under the sea. Synth notes bubble up, deep pads surge like currents, and robotic vocal samples rock to the ebb and flow of Lapalux's slow-paced beat. "The Commission (Lapalux's Aquatic Centre Remix)" arrives just before Breton starts a North American tour next month, the dates of which you can check out after the jump.
9/4 - Washington, DC @ DC9 *
9/5 - Philadelphia, PA @ North Star Bar *
9/6 - New York, NY @ The Bowery Ballroom ^*
9/7 - Cambridge, MA @ The Middle East ^
9/8 - Montreal, QC @ Casa Del Popolo ^
9/9 - Toronto, ON @ Rivoli ^
9/11 - Detroit, MI @ Magic Stick Lounge ^
9/12 - Chicago, IL @ Empty Bottle ^
9/13 - Vancouver, BC @ Electric Owl
9/14 - Seattle, WA @ Barboza
9/15 - Portland, OR @ Rotture
9/18 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Echo
9/19 - San Francisco, CA @ Brick & Mortar Music Hall
^ w/ The Big Sleep
* w/ Ambassadors
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player