Cruffy "The Gimlet"
Glasgow-based electronic outpost Phuturelabs has announced that it will soon unleash its next record, an EP from Glasgow-via-Troon transplant Cruffy. The imprint has sent over "The Gimlet"—a song that revels in bright-eyed production, rounded and flickering chords, and muffled diva vocals—ahead of the Flying High EP's September 23 street date. After a minute-long introduction populated by shimmering synth stabs, the beat finally drops, but only in increments of descending bass tones that seem to shimmy down into the deeper recesses of Cruffy's tune. And if "The Gimlet" does the trick for you, make sure to check out the rest of the tunesmith's Flying High EP, after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player