Cruffy "The Gimlet"
Glasgow-based electronic outpost Phuturelabs has announced that it will soon unleash its next record, an EP from Glasgow-via-Troon transplant Cruffy. The imprint has sent over "The Gimlet"—a song that revels in bright-eyed production, rounded and flickering chords, and muffled diva vocals—ahead of the Flying High EP's September 23 street date. After a minute-long introduction populated by shimmering synth stabs, the beat finally drops, but only in increments of descending bass tones that seem to shimmy down into the deeper recesses of Cruffy's tune. And if "The Gimlet" does the trick for you, make sure to check out the rest of the tunesmith's Flying High EP, after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player