Aquadrop "Eagle Nebula"
Milan-based producer Aquadrop's Synthetic Landscapes From Future EP dropped just last week via Seclusiasis. The artist born Aron Airaghi's penchant for grime, jazz, and funk all shine through on on his new record, and yet Synthetic Landscapes From Future pushes somewhere past the realm of singular genres, sounding more in line with the likes of Rustie, a solid example of which is the synth-driven "Eagle Nebula". Aquadrop's tune is a club-ready, electro-tinged production with interludes of extremely uptempo synths and bouncy basslines supported by the banging of the kicks. Hoover samples, 8-bit sound effects, and handclaps are dropped randomly through it all, leaving just about zero negative space in the tightly packed soundscape.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player