Aaliyah feat. Drake "Enough Said (Shlohmo Remix)"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
Even if you haven't heard Shlohmo's remix of "Enough Said," the posthumous Aaliyah track produced by Drake, you probably knew it was coming, and you probably know exactly what you're in for. In trademark Shlohmo style (at least, it should be trademarked by now), both singers are screwed down, which muddies up Drake's flow a little and contorts it into a sort of codeine-sipping robot voice. Compared to Shlohmo's remix of "Crew Love" from earlier this year, Drake's rap is a little more grating, and his vocals are screwed down even lower. However, both remixes share Shlohmo's penchant for clicking beats and spectral energies—which is perhaps called for, considering the highly controversial resuscitation of Aaliyah's vocal recordings for the original "Enough Said."
- NewsWatch the Geometric Video for Sculpture's "Hackle Scam Populator"
- NewsHyperdub Readies Debut LP from Fhloston Paradigm
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsWatch the Wild New Video for "Tsekeleke," Nozinja's First Shangaan Electro Outing for Warp
- MP3T_A_M "Tail Snap (Murlo Remix)"
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player