Zulu, the 18-year-old producer from London, has been gradually garnering attention with past releases on Toddla T's and Raf Daddy's Girls Music, as well as Monki's Zoo Music. The most recent EP from the young producer will be dropping on September 3 courtesy of Buraka Som Sistema's Lisbon-based Enchufada label. "Kwame" is lifted from that record, and represents the kind of heavily percussive, tribal house tunes Zulu is wont to create. Boasting a toxic groove and a large helping of wavy synths, the tune's techno underpinnings shine through and make for a harmonic blend of multiple dancefloor-friendly sounds.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player