B.Bravo & Teeko "More Than Just a Dream"
Salva and his Frite Nite label have been on a roll recently, putting out releases like Dark Ages' First Born EP (a collaborative effort from Star Eyes and 5kinandbone5) and the label head's collaborative EP with Grenier, "Wake The Dead" b/w "Forest Floor." The latest release, called The Starship Connection EP, is coming on September 18 from Bay Area producers B. Bravo and Teeko. Taken from that record, "More Than Just a Dream" opens with a funky intro that boasts a punishing kick just as big and pronounced as the synth that squeals over the top of it. The tune's inherent funkiness becomes more and more apparent as two-part vocal harmonies are introduced over the same squealing melody and loud, slapping claps. Toward the end, starry synths, and moody piano chords take over for the vocals as they begin to fade, while the funky instrumental carries the groove across the track's remaining minutes.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player