Lewis James "Peroxide Blonde"
After working as a record producer, Lewis James has stepped into the spotlight with his first official release, a four-track EP titled Heavy Romance. The EP, which was mixed by Om Unit and mastered by his Cosmic Bridge labelmate and ex-Various Production affiliate EAN, features three original tunes by the Amsterdam-based artist. One of them, "Peroxide Blonde," is a crunchy dancefloor burner that delivers its share of low end with a wobbling rumble that follows the gritty 8-bit melody. "Peroxide Blonde" and the rest of the Heavy Romance EP dropped this week via Raid System, and you can stream a teaser of Lewis James' new EP after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player