Robag Wruhme "Pokatoll"
Robag Wruhme (a.k.a. Gabor Schablitzki) is a veritable icon in his native Germany. The producer and DJ made himself known as a member of the now-defunct Wighnomy Brothers and as a talented mixmaster in his own right. He's also played at just about every edition of Dresden's Nachtdigital festival since 2003. Now, Schablitzki is giving fans a two-for-one special by curating a special mix album to be released as the first offering in Nachtdigital's recently announced record label. The record, titled The Olgamikks (out August 24), is made exclusively of the artist's own remix work—including versions of tracks from Modeselektor, Dntel, and Claude VonStroke—but also features two original Robag Wruhme cuts, one of which is the warm and introspective closer, "Pokatoll." The track resonates with glitchy vibes; the percussion is wrapped in a constant crinkling that hovers over the mix and only relents to allow the symphonic, Vangelis-esque lead to shine through.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player