Robag Wruhme "Pokatoll"
Robag Wruhme (a.k.a. Gabor Schablitzki) is a veritable icon in his native Germany. The producer and DJ made himself known as a member of the now-defunct Wighnomy Brothers and as a talented mixmaster in his own right. He's also played at just about every edition of Dresden's Nachtdigital festival since 2003. Now, Schablitzki is giving fans a two-for-one special by curating a special mix album to be released as the first offering in Nachtdigital's recently announced record label. The record, titled The Olgamikks (out August 24), is made exclusively of the artist's own remix work—including versions of tracks from Modeselektor, Dntel, and Claude VonStroke—but also features two original Robag Wruhme cuts, one of which is the warm and introspective closer, "Pokatoll." The track resonates with glitchy vibes; the percussion is wrapped in a constant crinkling that hovers over the mix and only relents to allow the symphonic, Vangelis-esque lead to shine through.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player