Thomas William "SOMA2602 (Dro Carey Remix)"
Sydney-based producer Dro Carey (pictured above) just sent over his remix of Thomas William's "SOME2602." The rising Australian tunesmith born Eugene Hector continues to make waves in the electronic music world following his spring release of RuckuSsmak, a limited-edition 12" for Ramp that dabbles in experimental UK house. Following his beat-heavy remix of Jonti's "Nightshift in Blue," Dro Carey's rework of "SOMA2602" is comparatively less structured and melodic, but does have similar outsider vibes. The tune is described in a press release as an "idiosyncratic montage of dub electrics, garage crunch and vintage pitch-bent synth sweeps," a soundscape which is bolstered by a subdued bassline and repetitive warbling synthlines that maintains a dark and funky spirit. Hector's remix will be featured on Thomas William's forthcoming remix album alongside cuts from other rising Australian artists—like Galapagoose and Wooshie—when it drops via Astral People on September 25.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsStream "Fifty Fathoms" from Marquis Hawkes' Upcoming EP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player