Babe, Terror "War"
A fortnight ahead of the release of his "mini-album," Knights, the São Paulo-based producer known as Babe, Terror has offered up a quiet, sprawling cut from his record. The five-track LP promises "34 minutes of primitive drum-machine beats," which the tunesmith delivers in full on "War." Babe, Terror's production opens with a simple, lo-fi rhythm that is eventually overtaken by the timid synths. Throughout the seven-minute fog, "War" passes through periods of unfocused calm and teeth-gritting paranoia generated from the slowly building synths and vague, stretched-out vocal samples.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player